Thursday, March 30, 2006

brown envelope?

Had a few afterthoughts about our I-797C clearance...

How come it didn't arrive in a brown envelope?

For the last 8 weeks, since we started this venture "officially" I've read on blog after blog, post after post in groups about this "elusive brown envelope" from INS (now called The Department of HOmeland Security). I kept looking at every envelope, wondering if somehow our crapy asshole neighbors wound up with our brown envelope. (our has a curious way of never arriving... local Post Office SUCKS).

When the letter arrived, I didn't open it, E did. It was until last night that I took a look at the envelope... it was white? Not brown. White.

I've been thinking of it frequently today... was there something wrong with our letter of approval?... was it an early April fool's joke?...

All I know is, not one person's blog or group posting has mentioned the elusive "white" envelope... I guess that means we're *unique*! (As my husband just asks if I'm writing the blog about our envelope color)

Either way, brown envelope, white envelope, hell, it could be a freakin hot pink with puke green polka dot envelope now that I think of it, we're approved, approved for our daughter...

I talked to our coordinator today, the I-797C arrived, all paperwork is in order and the package is on the way to get it's official stamps, seals and possibly a religious blessing.

That's when I realize (not counting chickens before they're hatched here, knock on wood, etc etc) we could be DTC in APRIL, holy cow, April? That's just 12-13 weeks after we started all this! Wow, amazing. fantastic...

Now if I can just keep those Evil Clerical Errors (ECE) at bay!

1 comment:

Debra Sue said...

Our envelope was white as well. I think the brown envelope might be the one your authenticated documents return in after they go to the US State Dept or the Chinese Consulate. I am probably soooo wrong, but it's my only explanation.
Either way, we will be hand delivering our paperwork to DC as soon as we get our damn passports. Yes, we are dorks and waited way too long to get them taken care of. I kick myself daily. It's nice to read about others who are at the same place we are.
Welcome to the China Club (A little Rick James aka Dave Chapelle for ya)!
Debra