Friday, April 14, 2006

Honorable window to the past

I've read a lot of blogs since I started this one in January. Very few have touched me and brought a tear to my eye. That's not a reflection of what other's have written, it's a reflection of what E and I have been through, it's put it all into a different perspective.

So when I read THIS blog, I felt a sense of kinship, understanding and actually relief. Until reading this one, I felt alone in the experiences E and I had been through with the loss of our first daughter Sophia, who will always be the big sister. This person's blog made me realize that we are not alone.

It helps me to understand that you don't actually have to forget or remove your past in order to move on into your future. Honoring your past is just as important and dreaming about your future. We anxiously await the day we bring our youngest child home from China, what a journey it's been and what a journey it's going to be.

Here's what I wrote in response to her BLOG:


1 Comments:
said...
I was touched when I read this post. Our daughter Sophia Madeleine was born still just a few weeks short of her due date on November 19, 2005. We'd suffered other losses, that one the worst and last.

When we made the decision to adopt, we didn't close the door on Sophia, but opened up the door to her little sister from China. We honor her in that way too.

All the best to you in your journey

thebryantbunch.blogspot.com

7:09 PM

No comments: