So what have I been up to lately? Well a couple things.
We've been watching the miniseries called China Rises on Discovery Times. It's pretty neat, not mind blowing, just neat. We'll save the shows for later this year when mom visits, she likes documentaries so I think she might like them. It's not about adoption, more about the incredible transformation of parts of China over the last 50 years. Pretty neat.
As for books, I took some advice from A and picked up a few books off his list. Once they came in, I was a bit imtimidated by the size of some of them. For instance, Wild Swans is over 500 pages... so I opted for some lighter reading first.

I selected A Passage to the Heart. VERY light reading but really informative. Once I finish it I'll post a short book review. Basically it's a compilation of stories printed in local (across the US) chapters of the FCC (Familes with Children from China).
It covers tons of topics and so far I think every adoptive parent should read it, along with perhaps some of their immediate family members. More on that later.

E also loves to listen to books on CD and he's felt a bit left out of the books so we're going to find some of the ones I think he'll enjoy and get them on CD, here's hoping I can find them. It's so nice that this is a partnership of the 2 of us on our journey to bring our daughter home. I hear so many couples where the husband is fairly distant throughout, mine has been wonderful and it makes the journey so much more enjoyable.
1 comment:
Wild Swans is fantastic. I had to keep reminding myself it was a true story. Incredibly strong woman, you'll really like it.
I just got A Passage to the Heart. After reading so many heavy books I thought it would be nice to read something lighter.
Post a Comment