Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Map of the States



create your own visited states map


We've had a wonderful time receiving quilt squares, from literally all over the country. Nearly every day it's like a mini Christmas. And since we didn't celebrate the holidays last year, we are soaking this all in. It's all part of taking baby steps to getting back to living and enjoying life.

I'm still not sure what to do with the squares... maybe it will come to me in a dream... then again... maybe not! But, with the current wait, I should have about 8-9 months after all the quilt squares are done being sent to figure it out... Probably item # 80 or 90 on the list of things to do over the next year.

No matter how it turns out, it will be made possible by the generosity and love of both our online community and our family/friends. So thanks to everyone who's participated so far, it's been a wonderful thing to take part in and has really lifted our spirits. It's made having a child finally seem real, for the first time in a long time.

Now, if I can just get the stack of envelopes with our wishes and squares stamped, we're all set... yes, I made the wishes, cut the fabric, addressed all the envelopes for the current swap I'm in and have yet to place the self sticking stamps on... how sad is that!

We also need to finish calling to announce our adoption to family and friends and then get our letters in the (e)mail to them asking them to help support our quilt and be a part of our circle of love for our daughter.

No comments: