Today (ok, Saturday) marks not another of our Wedding Anniversaries but rather another important anniversary. Saturday was our 2 month LID anniversary. We were DTC in April but logged in May 8th. It seems like both yesterday we were logged in and also many many months ago.
How is it that time can both fly and crawl like a snail all at the same time? Our friend Al has placed a guess on when Family Day will be in China, anyone else want to venture a guess on referral date or Family Day, just put a comment in the blog. Current wait is 12 months from LID to referral...
Oh how I wish more of our friends and family understood more about the adoption and how important milestones like this are to us. I'm very sad about this and sad that they are missing such a golden opportunity to get to know us, our dreams and what Magpie's history is. She is after all, not just American, she will always be Chinese American. Maybe over time they will get more involved. We both hope so.
More blogging tomorrow, that's all for today.
4 comments:
Happy 2 month Anniversary!!! It is an exciting, frustrating, happy, crazy time. I think the unknown is what is the hardest part for me. I am thankful that there are people who DO understand out here in bloggerland, otherwise the wait would be so much more difficult.
By the way you've been tagged again, just in case you need something else to do. :) It is the 7s tag. Have Fun!
Stacy
Lisa,
Congrats on your move. I know that you must be totally excited yet boggled down wiht the day to day activities. I can not believe that you and Eric have already been logged in for two months. Your little magpie will be with you sooner than you know it. I am happy to hear that Eric is still showering. Hee! :) At least he will smell like little Magpie daddy no matter what he smells like. I bet she is dreaming of you her mommy and wondering what smells will remind her of you and get to know your smell as comfort. I am also happy to hear that you do not have to change tht much information with the move. It is amazing how things work out that are meant to be. Are you going to stay with Creative Adoptions? Let Richard and I know if we can do anything on the Maryland side with your move etc.
-Kindel
THanks to everyone for your kind words and encouragement.
Kindel, your offer of help is amazing, the adoption world is incredible, the kindness from people you haven't yet met. I'm amazed and grateful for where life has taken us... some of the time!
Kindel, I was also sorry to read of the passing of your grandmother. All my best to you and your family.
Lisa and Eric,
You'll always know that there is at least one person in blog land that totally understands what you 2 feel like because we going throught the exact same thing. We are now LID 3 months and 8 days. I'm just hoping and praying that CCAA will start moving quicker so that we can bring our angel home sooner than next summer. The less holidays we have to go through without her the better.
I hope you are holding up well despite the craziness of the move and are taking some time to remember the beauty of the area around you now before you move back into the colder New England area. Have a great week! Your April Secret Pal
Post a Comment