Well, the CCAA has officially gotten to referral for the month of August, as in August 2005. They've processed a total of 18 days worth of waiting families.The good news:
this is far more DAYS than they've done in any referral time period since January 2006.
The Bad News:
Speculation is that even though the DAYS is high, the total families receiving referrals is not, these were 'light' periods.
At this rate of referrals, they will still add one month of waiting to everyone's timeline for every 4 months that pass. Any hope of things speeding back up and stabilizing just isn't coming true yet. Or put differently, stabilization could simply mean they continue to process less than 4 weeks of waiting families every 4 weeks... that's still stable, depends what your measuring stick is... LOL.
Timeline for us, with an LID of 5/8/06 is looking like a referral somewhere between July 2007 and December 2007... that would mean travel sometime between September 2007- February 2008. Either way it's a long long way away. For what we've endured AND survived this seems like both a blink of an eye and an eternity... depends on our perspective on any given day.
1 comment:
I haven't seen it discussed yet, so I'm wondering if the wait will be totally destabilized when the Olympics role around; this will have to have some impact on the timeline, don't you think. I'm just wondering...I just received an update on the timeline and it's been increased from 13-14, to 14 to 15, but frankly, who the hell knows.
Post a Comment