Saturday, September 30, 2006

April DTC Secret Pal

A few days ago we received our April DTC Secret Pal gift for September and it came at just the right time, on the day we delayed closing on the house due to 'issues'. We faced at that time 2 more weeks in the hotel... for a total of 11 I think?

Anyway, we're off to King Richard's Faire in Carver, MA today. We really enjoy these festivals and the weather is absolutely beautiful, a New England crisp fall day. We might even take the bike. I'll post an update about the day this weekend.

When we picked up the box I was wondering what the heck could be in a long box that's 4"x4"x20" or so... Well, take a look at the picture! A cute umbrella. E thinks I should be using it to go to and from work... it's cute but not quite the corporate image that I'm going for!

We also received some picture frames, safety items, a brush, a beautiful blanket and a great card. Thanks Secret Pal.

2 last thoughts, do you know something we don't know? With the theme of 'bed time fun" and receiving an umbrella are there roof leaks in our future in the new house?! Just teasing, we did have leaks already that are being repaired...

Lastly, little does our Secret Pal know that every month we receive tissue paper, one of the dogs is gently tortured with it! Check out the newest in canine fashion! Keep the tissue paper coming, this is fun!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa and Eric,

There wasn't anything behind the umbrella except for the fact that I keep picking up cute things for you guys and there wasn't a month's theme that it would fit into. There are more things coming that won't fit the themes either but sometimes I just can't resist. The funnier part is that I've made friends with a couple in our agency with the same LID as us so we will certainly travel together and so now I am buying 3 of a lot of things like the umbrella..one for you, one for her and one for me. It will be great to see when the girls all meet up. We can get a picture of them together with their umbrellas.

I love the info that I am also entertaining the dogs every month. They are soooo cute in the picture.

I'm glad to hear that things got worked out with the builder. You will be able to decorate for your first Halloween in the new house.

Have fun at the fair. We are off to a craft fair also and we'll have to see what else I can't resist for our girls. Take care, your April Secret Pal

Chrissie said...

Wow - kudos to the dogs for putting up with that! Logan would be eating the tissue paper...

Cute gifts, too!

Mary said...

The dogs looks too cute!! Those outfits get 2 thumbs up!