While I don't think we'll make it to China in time (8/8/2007) to see this really once in a lifetime event, perhaps other families travelling at that time might be interested.Check out the latest news story (long version)
boston news based link
What I liked about the long version is that it didn't just talk about the pregame and how it's in China, they did some homework, like the fact that the #8 in China is lucky and how the game is on 8/8, double lucky... there was more than that, it was interesting. BUT, the link works once and then when you reclick you have to register...
and for the short version:
www.msnbc.com
So if you are looking for something original to do while visiting Beijing prior to travelling to the region your child will be adopted from and you love football, how cool would this be? Once in a lifetime, heck, even Eric and I who aren't big football fanatics (we like it, just not fanatics) think this would be great if timing allowed.
Funny thing is, when we started this journey (officially logged in that is), the wait was around 10-12 months and we could have easily been in Beijing around that time. The way it looks now, those logged in perhaps as early as January - February 06 may travel in August of 2007.
2 comments:
Ryan and I would love to see this game. We LOVE football.
We may still get to China before this... Miracles do happen. ;)
It is possible. Don't rule it out yet! I think it would be an awesome time for us all to introduce the girls to the game!
Jenn
Post a Comment