Well, not much has changed since the last time I blogged on the quilt update... Here's the latest:agave up on the 6 people who haven't responded to any request of our wish to have them present in Magpie's quilt, from both of our circle of family and friends. Bummer.
alast quilt square from one friend is due, I think, January.
adecided, FINALLY, to at least (machine) sew the compilation squares myself... with more than a year left... what's my excuse otherwise?
apicked the "card trick" pattern for the 'compilation squares". It's kind of cool.
YEAH, I said it, there is at least another year left on the wait. Sucks. I cannot imagine thinking that 5 years ago when we ventured into babymaking territory that it would be over 7 years to bring our child home. Holy crap, 7 years... think of how few things we all in general are willing to wait 7 years for... Even now I can't believe it's happening. Maybe it's better that way.
Left to do:
c take the sewing machine out of it's box for the first time!c decide on 8" or 12" cardtrick squares and figure out how this shakes out into a full or queen size quilt
c sew the cardtrick pattern squares to begin with!
c figure out how to attach the squares to the 'sashing' and then to the border, then to the backing, ... and so on. Here's where I might go get some professional help.
c figure out what fabric to use for the sashing, square separators, backing.
I'll use the pattern on the right to combine 4 different people's fabrics, with a constant 'background' color on the outside triangle (shown in the pattern as "A"). I'll do a 6" or 8" border all the way around the quilt and will include squares from Family and Friends, sort of a symbolism to envelope Magpie in her new world and family. All the inner "card trick" pattern squares will be from the online swaps. If I can come up with some embroidered Chinese character squares with the symbols for "love", "happiness", etc, I'll use them in the quilt corner.
So what prompted this post tonight? In looking for an inspirational quote about the stars in the skies above, I found this quote and made me think of the quilt.Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu
3 comments:
Great quote!! I also really like the card trick pattern.
Cool pattern - that is going to be awesome! A challenge, too! Love the quote, BTW....
I like the pattern. It looks easy to do though I am never a fan of triangles. But, it will probably translate well with different patterns. I think I am doing hexegons on an asian quilt which involve triangles. Sucks to be me.
Post a Comment