Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Thankful Things

(updated for Aimee, here's the picture!!!)

That today was the last day I worked this week. (trying hard to ignore the next 270 days, until we reach October and determine if we're going to China in 2007 or 2008 and then can possible use some of our time for China or a babymoon)

That with the help of some diagnostic equipment from work we've found out that our new (not cheap) oven is off by 25-40F from the set points...

That J&T continue to send hand me downs Magpie's way, every little (and big) bit counts.

That our Christmas tree has held it's own against the heat, the dog tails, the kids and still looks lovely, ok, a bit droopy, but lovely.

That E bought Magpie this cute as a button outfit and had it wrapped under the tree. Considering he picked it up while on a job he was working on in a hospital, knowing how we abhor hospitals, this is a big deal!

But most of all, I'm thankful to have the kind of mother who's always been incredibly objective, more objective than nearly anyone I know. It's where I learned that blood is not reason enough to define your 'ties', whether those ties mean family or friends or something all together different. It's where I find comfort in the fact that although Magpie will not share our blood, she will be family, through and through, it's just a given.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No picture of the outfit?

Anonymous said...

Haha, well thank you very much! :)

It is a super cute outfit! I'm glad you shared it with us, lol! He picked it out himself? So impressive! Magpie will be a cutie in that!

dreamer said...

YOu're killing him, of course he picked it out by himself!!!