Thursday, May 17, 2007

Round Two

I spent this evening at a new Vet for Zane. She has had a relapse of her illness, whatever it might be.

I say "whatever it might be" as the new vet is concerned that either they misdiagnosed her the first time and the medications and diet shift have cause further damage OR that she does in fact now have a chronic and potentially serious case of pancreatitus.

we expect new blood results tomorrow morning which will be compared to the ones from several weeks ago and are anxious to get some results.

Zane is now on a strict boiled chicken and rice diet, yeah, our oven is now being used for the dog more than we use it for us. The things you do for the ones you care most about huh?

I'm trying to stay positive, she's only 3 years old.

the photos, well, they were when Zane was just a pup. Maybe 12 weeks old at most.

I have always loved Wegman photography, for it's wit, it's realism, it's touching moments, it's silliness. I love that the very first day I met the man I would marry, one of the things we talked about was both of us wanting a Weimeraner. Here we are 5 years later, married, with two dogs, one the weimeraner we brought into our family on the day we found out our first child died. Zane gave us joy and life, she gave us funny times and absolute craziness. She gave us the ability to move on. I think of Zane and I think of those times, that weekend, and I realize how far my husband and I have come.

Stay tuned.

13 comments:

walternatives said...

What a beautiful pooch Zane is. Is she named that because she's Grey?
I, too, am tickled by Wegman's work. Please keep us posted. Thinking of you all...

Mamacita said...

Abso-freaking-lutely adorable!!!!

Sorry to hear about the relapse. I will definitely stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

Please keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you guys and wishing Zane well!

Jenni said...

Cute pictures!

Sorry to hear about Zane's relapse. When we had to do the chicken and rice diet we used the canned chicken and made big batches at a time.

Anonymous said...

The pic of Zane in the sleigh is so unbelievably cute. Hoping for some positive answers from the blood tests.

Donna said...

Sending positive, healing thoughts Zane's way! Hope the new vet is able to set her on the way to health.

"M2" said...

Oh no
poor baby.
I hope she's ok, such a beautiful girl.

Polar Bear said...

I hope Zane is all better soon!
The pictures are fantastic!!

Samantha said...

I hope she is feeling better! I know that she is in very good hands! I have every confidence in our Vet. Sage is feeling better, Thank Goodness! She still wants me to feed her by hand, which I will gladly do.

If you ever want 3 dogs I know a Weimeraner breeder. I would love one someday! They are soooo pretty especially Zane.

C's Mom said...

I so hope Zane is on the mend quickly and it isn't anything serious.

She's beautiful...and such a sweet face.

Chrissie said...

Hey Lisa - I thought I had your email saved, but I don't. Email me about this ... I wanted to share a few things with you as our vet through Logan had pancreatitus last year.

csaestok@yahoo.com

Chrissie

charisa said...

As a fellow Weim owner I hope your baby is okay. Please let me know how she is. They are wonderful friends,
Charisa
sweetlittlebrother.blogspot.com

Colleen said...

I am just now reading thru your blog!! Zane is soooo cute! As just learning my dog has cancer - I can totally understand what you are going thru, and the boiled food diet - I know too well. I hope things are going a little better? Keep us posted!