Tuesday, May 22, 2007

super super thank you

A special thanks to our secret pal, she found some awesome gifts that I had not seen in the stores. That is quite a feat.

We amused our selves for a few minutes torturing the dogs with the crazy sounds and then we put them away in Magpie's room.

Thanks so much for your continued kindness and overwhelming generosity. We love the cards you send each month and your personal touches.

Also, a wonderful surprise was in the mail yesterday. We received this awesome stuffed animal from an incredible person I've met online. I won't link to her here to maintain her privacy. But she knows who she is, and as I said on the phone it's wonderful. Thank you.

This dog reminds me of a toy I remember from my childhood. there are pictures of me with it when I must have been around a year old, I remember when I was slightly older, maybe 4-5 and I still had it. I saw it at my mom's years ago but haven't seen it since. It was this faded, old, tiny run down and much loved stuffed dog, barely more than 5 inches square.

On a separate note, anyone remember the holiday swap I did, well, I have yet to find out who the anonymous person was that sent it to us. I continue to have 3 people in mind, but no one has given us one iota of info on it! I wonder how long it will be silent. Will we be matched again this holiday season? If so that would drive me bonkers.

Lastly, Zane is doing better, thanks for all the kindness offline. She was misdiagnosed, they do not believe it was pancreatitus. The new vet got the records, blood results, ran new blood tests and let us know that it's likely they diagnosed the symptoms and missed the cause. They believe she has an 'irratible bowel', a much less concerning issue, though we now have irratible bowels too after paying all the vet bills. She's on special food, likely for life, and as long as she continues to keep food down, her fever down and all the other things, we're in a holding pattern.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about Zane. What a relief!

Samantha said...

Cool toys and stuffed puppy! So glad Zane is better! They are wonderful at our vet! Unfortunately dogs now cost as much as us for medical testing but our dogs don't have pet insurance. It isn't even worth getting for Sage as she has so much prexisting stuff. I may consider it for Roxy though.

C's Mom said...

I'm so glad Zane is doing better!

Cute goodies - I love that dog.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I basically 'blog surfed' but today I sat and read your blog... I will say that I really enjoyed it and yep, I think that you have a new reader... take care...

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad for the news about Zane.

Chrissie said...

Ah yes, the bodies of our beloved Weims are just something, aren't they? A Weim with IBS can't be fun - that will take a toll on your yard in no time if Zane poops as much as Logan :-) However, I'm glad to hear it is not pancreatitus. By the way, our vet did say you can give dogs Pepto tablets ... something to keep in mind :-) Take care and have a good Memorial Day weekend!

Michele said...

Hmmm. The identity of your holiday secret pal? I'll never tell! LOL I'm tickled pink to hear that you still haven't figured it out yet and, no it is not me. I'm a great secret keeper so you will never get it out of me no matter how many cookies you try to bribe me with. I know that she will reveal herself to you one day when the time is just right. Until then, know that she is having a lot of fun with this too. Chow chicka from the other side of the world.

Beeb said...

so glad Zane is better!