Thursday, May 31, 2007

Weekend wrap up

So earlier this week we wrote about how much work had been completed in the yard on Saturday. Believe it or not, there was a ton more to last weekend.

For instance, now that we're close enough to family we're able to do day trips. Oh, like my mom here Saturday to plant (awesome job mom), but also, we picked up E's Gram Sunday morning and drove her back to the house for a leisurely lunch and afternoon catching up.

It's fantastic spending time with family outside of events or dinners or what not, outside those events you really get a chance to talk, to share, and she's got a lot to share. She's in her 80's and still going strong, full of history and life. When we brought her home she showed us this awesome blanket she made for Magpie but she's got one friend left to show it too so we had to 'say goodbye' to it. Reminds me of the blanket my mom made for us many years ago, in anticipation, I'm quite anxious to see that one too, one day Magpie, one day you will be wrapped in much love from so many people.

After bringing her back we joined E's brother and wife for a dinner at their place before departing for home. Magpie once again received a bunch of great hand me downs, we're fairly lucky to have them helping us out. Thanks guys!!!!

And we still had Monday left! whew! what a weekend, we finished most of the planting and mulching on Monday and laid most of the piping for the underground gutters. So while we have the dog pen left (needs concrete poured) and the gutter trench to dig, we're a lot further along.

When I was up working early Monday morning I found the moth on our front window, I've never seen a buttercup yellow and grapefruit pink moth, too cool.

I'm also working on a 'Welcome Home' package for an engineer who works for me. He's coming home from a 6 month overseas assignment. Any guesses on what the pinata is going to turn out to be (hopefully)?

That is if I can get in dried in time and enough layers on.

8 comments:

walternatives said...

That amazing moth matches the Mom and Magpie aprons!

Anonymous said...

Crazy moth!

wzgirl said...

I've never seen anything like that moth! It is like an Easter Egg Moth!

Pinata guess: Piranha?

dreamer said...

Ah, finally, a guess. But alas buttercup, it is not a Piranha, interesting guess.

I can tell you, a Piranha would very much like the actual thing represented by the pinata.

Anonymous said...

It seems to be an albino moth perhaps?

Unknown said...

Family rocks!

Polar Bear said...

That is a beautiful moth.

I can't wait to see what the pinata is going to be. I don't have a clue ~ sorry. ;o)

wzgirl said...

A baby? A toothbrush?

Oh! I know...a crab?

(You can always get me roped in with a guessing game)!