Saturday, July 14, 2007

7 DAYS?!!!!

I remember a time, nearly 1 year ago, where processing ONLY 7 days of waiting parents over a 30 day period would hush a crowd, would stop traffic on a dime.

Now, it's like a 7 day referral period is on the verge of a major speed up, if you listen close enough you can hear the roar of delight in the crowd (roar of delight, impending riot... subtleties folks).

Yup, since the last update on referrals, the CCAA has processed 7 days of referrals (this occurred on July 6th), we just added 3 more weeks onto our wait!

For those tracking along at home, move your token 7 steps closer, we have only 172 steps left. What's 172 steps, I mean really?

The maximum wait for those who received their referrals late last week was 19.6 months... when we started the adoption paperwork the wait was 8 months... somehow, in spite of the treading water we achieved in the last 14 months, we're feeling good about things.

we long for Magpie but we're finding ways to fill life as full as possible, to be thankful for what we do have, to share joy in others joy, to make the most of what life is right now. (this is our clearing review room 'high', talk to me next month, I can make sure to let a bit of bitterness and barren childless motherhood in!)

On a side note, our awesome friend M, sent us this present to celebrate clearing the Review Room. She also cleared Review at the same time since her LID is one day later. She sent a book that means a lot to her. She sent a wish that Magpie realizes, like the character in the book, what is really important, helping people, using her intellect to solve problems, believing in her on self worth and value. I agree wholeheartedly, may we all have girls who find their value and worth from early on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Paper Bag Princess looks like such a great book! I might have to go look for that to add to our daughter's book collection. I love reading and books and I hope our daughter will too.

C's Mom said...

Looks like a winner of a book.

I try to make myself stop doing the math on the wait. Of course, it doesn't work and the numbers are always depressing. So, I set aside my time to boohoo each time and then get on with it.

Debra Sue said...

The Paper Bag Princess is one of my favorite children's books. She kicks butt!

I worked for a major retail book chain when I was in college, and TPBP was always on our "Staff Recommends" shelf.

Good news on RR, even though the wait time is the pits. We're in there right now, and the stress is killing me.

Carol said...

OH Amen! I'm so glad you said it! 7 days!! phoopie! Why do we get excited by that!! We are now at the longest official wait times ever!!

Ok thanks for the vent!

comingaroundagain said...

I love the Paper Bag Princess Too! So many good books. . . good books, I'll stay on that thought - the other (the neverending other part) is disturbing me too much right now. . . .