Thursday, August 09, 2007

Which Olympics?

I've said and heard a few things during this adoption journey that I regret not being 'slightly' more specific about.

For instance:

When asked what the wait might be, I said around 12-14 months, hard to tell. I should have said, around 12-14 months to get our dossier dusted off the shelf in China and actually looked at. Silly me, I thought it was 10-14 months till referral.

And yet another beauty:

When asked (in September of 2006) by an engineer who works for me when I thought the adoption would occur. "I'm hoping to travel by the Olympics". He laughed, I said, No, seriously. However, in hindsight, I should have specified which Olympics I preferred to travel before.

At this rate, we might travel before the winter Olympics!

Another 7 day batch of referrals, except for the fact that some of those days include weekends. So really, another awesome month of referrals as we cruise, at the rate of an old couple on a Sunday drive in the country (travelling on moped), towards China.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Last week as I was driving home from work I saw an advertisement for the Olympics on the side of a bus. My belief when we first started this was "At least we will be home before the Olympics in 2008" How wrong!! I can't believe what this wait is turning into. Well at least we are going on vacation this week. No use putting that off any longer. I have plenty of time to save more money.
Kathryn:(

"M2" said...

we miss you
come wait with us

Anonymous said...

I think that moped has a flat tire, and the old folks are walking it to China.

As for the olympics... I'm boycotting anything related right now. Just can't deal.

Happy 15th (BAH) by the way.

Shirley said...

Hi there,,you saw our babies at the park last weekend..It is so well worth the wait..but I know that doesn't help at all. The wait was so hard at times...just keep busy and SHOP..haha

Kathryn said...

Hi Lisa, I was curious. What does "ALT" mean next to some of the waiting families blogs mean?
Kathryn