In the beginning there were 2 weary travellers, worn out by one long ass year, of too many low lights and not enough highlights, the holidays just prior to the trip, a relatives surgery a few days prior, ... and of course, as if that weren't enough, me taking 2 tumbles down 2 different set of steps 7 days and 3 days prior to the trip. On the second tumble I left some permanent dents in the walls on our staircase as my elbows, ass and ribs were used as "brakes", not the most efficient way to stop a moving object. I considered myself lucky to walk away without broken bones (I like to think the extra 'padding' I've been unable to get rid of actually came in handy) and we both considered Zane lucky not to have lost her life as she likes to leave toys on the stairs.
I wasn't sure I would be able to stand the pain on the trip compounded by the long flight, I had bruises in shades that I'm sad to say matched some of my winter clothes, blues, deep purples , a color approaching black and other assorted sections of the rainbow. More than 2 weeks later the remnants of the bruises remain and I'm still sore.Luckily we made it there.
The coming posts will cover much of our trip, hopefully many of the photos will come out but no promises, we faced a lot of overcast skies.
The itinerary before we left:
fly to munich
go to hotel
at some point see Neuschwanstein Castle, Dachau, Munich and maybe Salzburg
fly home

We didn't know much about the weather, hadn't checked the guidebooks, barely had directions to the hotel. Not my comfort zone.The actual itinerary in hindsight:
Thursday night red eye flight
Friday arrive in Munich, check into hotel, spend afternoon in Munich trying to stay awake.
Saturday, early train to SalzburgSunday, Neuschwanstein Castle and the base town, Fussen
Monday, Dachau, afternoon in Munich
Tuesday, Augsburg
Wednesday, Regensburg, Landshot
Thursday, Neuburg au Danau, Ingolstadt
Friday, Munich, pack, pack, pack
Saturday, ass crack of dawn back to the States
More to come... for the most part I'll post in order.
1 comment:
Why wasn't I invited? I have a friend living in Kaufbeuren - in the Bavarian region... would love to go there. Can't wait to see the photos... and hear of your adventures...
Post a Comment