But adoption?
Adoption opened up our world in ways we have yet to really take in a give thanks for in a way that really honors all it has done for us. One particular way has been the change in the size and liveliness of our circle of friends.
We've always had good friends, some from our past that we brought to the relationship and some we met after being married. But our circle has always been close-knit and sort of small. Since we've started on the adoption world we've really met some wonderful people, some that I know only through many many an email back and forth, some I've had the pleasure of meeting in person a few times and others who I've really developed a strong friendship with, in person, in email and over the phone.Adoption, for us, has been different in that way. Each of the two paths was all about becoming a parent, but taking this path less travelled... well, we owe new friends to that rare path.
Friday night we had one of those friends over (won't drop a link in, her blog is password protected) along with her family, though we were missing another mutual friend who was supposed to hang with Sam and I that night(Colleen, hope you're feeling much better), we still managed to have a blast, we made it a family night instead of a girls night out! Their daughter was a pleasure to have
Next thing I knew it was late, way past their daughters bed time and I was full of laughter and happiness from a great evening.
Enjoy the pictures. But more than that, to all our friends through adoption, let's not forget to give thanks this year for all that adoption has opened up to each and every one of us. We are fortunate indeed for the path we've taken, it has made all the difference.
5 comments:
We had a great time! Nice post!
I recognize that cute little face. It looks like you guys had a great time.
It has been quite and journey, and yes, the friends we have met along the way has been one of the best parts. I am sure you know the very best part.
Looking forward to seeing you again. Hope it is soon.
Brigit
I just love the picture with the dog in her face. It's so cute. I imagine that one of these days I will be taking pictures of the exact same thing.
I am thankful every day for all the wonderful friends adoption has brought into our lives. You both have made our world a richer place and we are looking forward to many years of Sturbridge Village visits together with the kids.
Lots of hugs to you both. And the puppies too!
Hee-hee...that last picture is funny.
I am so sad that I missed the night and I am still sick. Not fair.
I can't wait to get together in January. Thank you for your gift of friendship. I am so lucky to have met you!
Post a Comment