For those waiting for your child to come home, I wish you a fulfilling Christmas whether or not 2008 is your year.
For those who brought a child home from overseas this past year, I know there is little to nothing I could wish for you that you don't already have.
And for those of you who's families are complete, my wish for you is the continued ability to never take a day for granted.
(for those of you celebrating a holiday other than Christmas, as many of my adoption friends are, know that I thought of you during your holiday and the wishes above apply.)
************************************************************
There are many differences this year for me at this holiday over the last few years. First, our tree, it's the smallest one we've ever had, it's not a fake, it's a FAUX FIR, as I joked with our friend Al. Second, the cards we received this year, I realized that we never looked through any in 2005 and didn't send any out (first year I'd ever skipped), in 2006 we glanced at them and I sent out Chinese New Years cards instead, but this year? They hang on the wall and I realized there are 5 or 6 children on those cards who weren't there last year and I am so happy for those families.There are other differences too, but that's a starter list.
This is the first Christmas since 2005 I've been able to enjoy and I have a renewed sense of peace and happiness. Though in all likelihood Magpie will not be home nor will we see her photo in 2008, she is ever on our mind and we continue to look forward to the wind in our hair as time rushes past and brings us to her.
Every year Magpie gets a Christmas gift from us, this year it came all the way from Germany. This luscious sweater/shirt combo and 2 pairs of warm as can be slippers. It was hard not to shop for her every day, but we held back.


The last photos... they are my crafty attempts with a day off. Both are molds I've had for a while but hadn't tried out. The bugs, came out fine, first try. The snowman cake... kicked my ass, I had to make it twice before I could even put it together, the first attempt was pretty sad, they don't say how far to fill the pan... I learned the hard way as I smelled burning cake from the overflowing pan which never entirely cooked in the middle. Attempt two, success. No matter what, I'm pretty damn proud of how well it came out!

For our family dinner something a little less Christmas'y, it's tacos! Should be fantastic.
7 comments:
WOW am I impressed the CAKE and butterflies etc are adorable! Way too cute to eat! I am so Happy that you are able to enjoy the Holidays! Wow is it going to just keep on getting better! Having Lilly was amazing, the joy of watching her open and play with her gifts was even more wonderful than I had ever imagined! I pray you do see Magpie's face this year! I know that just like Lilly she will be worth the wait! I read I Love You Like Crazy Cakes to Lilly tonight with Cameron! I can't get through that book without tears and imense emotion!
First of all, you are so talented!!! Next, Merry Christmas to you. I wish you peace and happiness as you wait. As you know, I'm one of the lucky ones this year. Thanks for your happy thoughts.
Hope you are having a great day so far... our turns will come I am sure... hang in there and I am on my way to your house to help you finish off those cookies etc... lol
Merry Christmas!!!
Man, after the heavy meal I made, I could totally go for a taco!
Well the snowman cake may have kicked your ass, but you did a kick-ass job. I am mighty impressed.
Is it ok that I just swore on your blog?
How'd the dogs like their stocking goodies? Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you! So glad you have renewed hope. And that cake is just too darn cute to eat.
Much love to you, our friends, this holiday season. We hope beyond all reasonable hope, that a miracle will happen for you in 2008and you will see Magpie's face. One never really knows what might happen.
As always, great job with the cake. Looks yummy! Maybe next year, we can bake cookies together!
Post a Comment