I'm the person who unpacks it ALL in a weekend, even when we were in a 3,000 SF, 4 BR and more house. But this move was different. I gave more than half to Eric, sold a bunch that was still "mine", donated some and pitched a bunch. But still, when I moved there was the proverbial 'junk room'. Not a junk drawer, but a junk room.
It's gone through various stages of 'cleanliness' and something resembling organization, occasionally. But a friend is visiting for about a week and I thought "no time like the present" to give it another attempt.


I gave away literally hundreds and hundreds of outfits, from 0-4T, from numerous pregnancies and the adoption. In total, there were 3 full SUV loads of stuff given away. And forget about trying to count all the toys, books, bedding, furniture, decorations, etc. But there were a few things I could not let go of.
As I made my way to the back of the room, to the closet, there they were, hanging up.
Deep Breath.
(amazingly, there are still several very sentimental items I've kept from close friends and family too. And it's comforting)
2 comments:
I bought a wool skirt with an igloo and polar bear on it from the Gap years ago for my future daughter. It had a great 1950's feel to it. I finally added it to the stash and sold it.
Hopefully one day there will be a little body to wear those.
Post a Comment