I knew, without a doubt, that by taking an operations/manufacturing management job instead of marketing I would be in for a very bumpy ride (I have a dual background and the first job that came along was operations/manuf). I hope to work through it quickly but operations/manuf mgmt is a very grueling job no matter how the beginning weeks go. I did it for years and swore I would NEVER do it again because it was so mentally and physically straining and life was very hard as a result.
And ironically enough, my last job allowed me to NOT manage anyone, first time in 13 years, and I really enjoyed the break. I now have 8 direct reports, 3 line leader who report to one of my direct reports and around 30-40 who report to the line leaders. It's a lot but I knew it going in and I have to remember everytime I feel overwhelmed that the economy sucks and I must work even when it's far from ideal.
So as I lay here, ready to go to sleep at 9PM, I thought I'd share another of life's mysteries/questions.
What is the point of single ply toilet paper? Seriously? Don't most people double up the amount so it's like you had double ply to begin with? Who wants to be the receiver of tp soak through? (did I gross you out?) And some single ply is more like those brown paper towels. I just don't understand. Please don't make me understand cause then I'd have to find something else to distract my way into slumberville.
(yes, this is now my life, to relax I think of potty humor. I hope the a-holes on the lake stop snowmobiling soon so I can sleep)
1 comment:
I've never understood the reason behind single ply either. If you find the answer, let me know. And I hope that your lake has a time deadline each night for quiet.
Post a Comment