You know you're sick when:
- You cancel a ski trip, the first one in nearly 10 years.
- you give in to the nastiest cough lozengers in the world, you know, the ones that taste like novacain.
- the customers who've got orders overdue more than a few months, and on the verge of shutting down their lines, all of sudden stop being angry with the situation and say 'boy you're really sick, thanks so much for calling in spite of it and I hope you feel better'.
- week #1 ends on Friday, you feel a bit better, then Sunday arrives and you realize you're feeling a lot worse.
- you turn ghost white, start to sweat and you reach out for a coworker to avoid colliding with the floor during the daily morning meeting (it's a stand up meeting in the manufacturing plant). People tell you afterwards they've never seen anyone turn that shade of white.
- The ER room doctor says you made a good decision to come in.
- your nose produces more moisture/liquid than the Seattle skies.
- you give up blowing your nose and just stuff the tissues up there and wish your nostrils good luck.
- you stop drinking diet coke
- your 'skinny jeans' start to fit
2 comments:
OMG! I am so sorry you are so sick. And for you to stop drinking Diet Coke is a biggie. I hope the doc gave you some good meds to get you feeling better fast.
Big hugs.
Well.. I'm a little late but I hope that since it's now Thursday you're feeling better.
Post a Comment