Sunday, March 28, 2010

Baby Steps

More things off the list:
  1. Remember that $127 metal headboard I scored at Sears that was supposed to take 3 months to come in? It arrived within 2 weeks instead. Interesting. If only the CCAA operated that way.
  2. Took apart old bedframe, installed new one. Set up bookcase in the spare BR, moved desk in, started to clean out the closet and dump more into it. Dammit, there is just not enough under bed storage.
  3. i800a application receipt acknowledged, just waiting on fingerprinting.
  4. Draft of updated CCAA application letter in to the agency for review.
  5. Everyone at work, well those who would want/need to know, knows.
  6. Finalizing HVAC quote... left out A/C (now it's an HV instead) and wait to put 2nd floor ductwork in (so that makes it a 1/2 HV). Turns out I have to redo the bathroom to get ductwork upstairs. Something has to be done with it before winter. I don't mind it cold upstairs in the winter, well, I love it actually, but something tells me it's not condusive for others. So this means, hold off for a long time on A/C (window units here I come), invest instead in at least a partial bathroom redo (tub replacement). Better to temporarily go without the only shower/tub in the house before Magpie, not after.
  7. Round 2 of Hep shots. 2 down, 1 to go.
  8. Step 1 of rip out the parts of the landscaping I don't like. Done. Need to take out my agression/kill gently remove whatever decides to come up anyway so I can put in stuff I like.
  9. part 1 of hanging my photography, most of the rest of the frames purchased.
More things on the list:
  1. Somehow I left off the list: find a pediatrician (got the low down on one from my neighbor. This one has experience with IA kids so that's helpful).
  2. Submit for the second time this year (but a different agency), a copy of my proof of single status, a copy of my financial statement, proof of income, proof of insurance, medical, proof of shots... They asked for my first child but I don't have one yet so I'm off the hook.
  3. The spring thing at the lake. Put in dock ladders, pull out lawn furniture, landscaping work, turn on outside plumbing (this time pay attention so the former owners don't need to come over for a 3rd time).
  4. Buy and install at least 3 window A/C units (really need 4 but I'm going to try to avoid it).
  5. replace light fixtures upstairs. Trust me, circa 1970 wicker ceiling fans just not doing it for me.
Continue to procrastinate on:
  1. finish 1st floor painting. yes, this is still not done. And YES, it's about 6 weeks later. Something about taking all the bookcases down and preparing the spiral staircase, seems to keep me unmotivated.
  2. exercising. Wait. I don't think that was on my list anyway. Oh, yes, that's right, something about walking the dog. Turns out the neighbors asked if they could do that ;-)
  3. Get taxes done. I know, I know. I have like 2 weeks left. But I'm fairly certain I owe due to unemployment and severence so I continue to avoid it.
  4. breakdown and finally buy a filing cabinet.
I'm starting to feel a bit of 2 steps forward 1 step backward.

3 comments:

wzgirl said...

I think you're in pretty darn good shape! So many of our projects have been on indefinite hold - but they are rising up and nudging us pretty insistently these past weekends.

Feels so great to be productive. And, working toward future-oriented paths. Feels great, actually.

tracy said...

at least you have a handle on what's next and keep on keepin' on. good for you!

Michele said...

At least you are making progress and you can cross some things off the to do list.