Some agencies are telling their early May LID's to expect a referral in Oct/Nov, others are predicting as early as June. That's a big window and the June side of things is virtually around the corner.
So here's what's pending:
- i800a... still not submitted
- fingerprinting for i800a... note the application is not yet submitted
- round 2 and 3 of Hep A and B vaccines, 1 in 2 weeks, last one in 5 months
- daycare resolved
- tell new place of employment about it to begin with and that surprise, it may take place sooner rather than later
- finish painting the first floor (about a full day left)
- get taxes done
- build the window seating/storage unit, this is not a small window seat, it's an "L" (for Lisa!!!) about 4 feet on the short side by 6 feet on the long side... along with cushions. This helps with both seating and a huge lack of storage.
- paint the spare bedroom, not the nursery, but the other spare bedroom
- continue to drag feet on anything to do with nursery, except for disassembling the full bed frame so it could be used as a crib if needed (will also need to purchase new bedframe since there will be none for the full bed)
- finish the decorating of the library nook/spiral staircase vault area... I've selected all of the photos I've taken that I want to use and have a number of very large frames purchased... a little at time.
- Get the 30 year old furnace (oil) replaced with something new (oil, gas, elec???) and INSTALL A/C -yeahhhhh! (the humidty last year caused new envelopes to seal shut and books to swell -forget about sleeping)
- landscaping -rip out the stuff I've realized though it's nice, I don't like and install my favorites!
- Have kennel run/fencing installed so Ginger can be outside all day rather than in the crate while I'm at work.
- Take parenting class (April).
- Start up the planter garden again, was a lot of fun last year, even got corn to grow ;-)
- Tell the team that reports to me so they aren't blindsided.
- Make time for friends I haven't seen in a while who'd like to make time too!
- Continue to be conservative with regard to the nursery/gear prep.
- Maybe, Maybe, throw a day at the lake with my team and peers.
- Spend QT with Ginger and finally start to walk with her on the nice evenings. For that matter, do more weekend hiking.
- Get the shit at work squared away and back on track from the mess I walked into.
- Decide on biting the bullet and redoing an old and needs replacing bathroom with issues, or plan to hold off for a few years... thinking, thinking. Not sure.
- Set up Gazebo so it can finally be used in the fall, spring and summer months. Maybe even camp down there a few evenings.
- Install posts to use the hammock down by the dock.
- Maybe paint my bedroom.
- Do round gazillion of downsizing my 'stuff'.
- Fingers crossed, purchase a new digital camera and learn to use it. The old one is a first generation SLR, is 6 years old, both batteries don't hold a charge for more than 30-50 shots and one lense is dead. The cost to repair and replace these parts is not insignificant.
- Do something with the crappy patch job on the floor (it's not just a patch nightmare... they used wall trim to cover the joints) and "maitre d stand" in the middle of the kitchen/dining area... those who've been here know what I'm talking about.
- Continue to be at peace with life and grateful, really grateful, to be right where I am in life.
- Celebrate, really celebrate, my 41st birthday, it could be my last one as a SINK.
- Continue to surround myself with those who really matter.
Though I wish had all the time in the world to travel and take time off work, I don't wish for that as much as I wish for Magpie. Man, I really long for Magpie.
So today, this Magpie Monday comes on Sunday, a bit early, and is just an insight into what lies ahead.
4 comments:
Wow... that's a big list. But what better motivation do you have to get it done, right? :)
PS. I've been thinking of growing some veggies this year (never have before). When you have some free time (LOL!) maybe you could shoot me off an email and give me some advice. I don't have room for a big patch of garden so I've got to be creative with using some containers and maybe fitting a few plants into an existing flower garden.
I'm a bit envious of your ability to look forward. Still can't get to the things to before yet myself.
The hammock on the dock is wonderful I found a deal on a two seater swing that I need to put together.
Had forgotten that you were an early May lid. Sure hope the June prediction is true, that means I may have a chance to travel before my i600a expires.
Wow. You're a busy lady.
Wish I lived closer to help :-) I'm great at helping ... like #31.
I can totally celebrate birthdays!
That is a lot on your plate but I know with a goal in place, you will get there.
Post a Comment