(who knew how extremely prophetic this post would be when I wrote it Monday night and saved it for today to post. My work life is not level loaded and I'm weighed down by so much.)
Sometimes, well okay, most days, I think deep about life. I come up with crazy comparisons to make sense out of chaos, or, just alternate realities.
Like work and home.
Lately, a lot of life is focused on work, and I'm okay with it being that way, for the most part. the rest of my life is just a never ending series of ever growing house projects that I think are expanding as a way to avoid doing anything.
Rational, right?
As for work, a lot of it is focused on Level Loading.
You know, making sure the manufacturing world is not being pulsed like an on/off light switch with 3 kids standing by it trying to turn the room into a disco as mom yells down the hallway "electricity is not free!!!!". It's hard. The chaos at work is unbelievable. Someone fairly high up recently called it a giant, well, uhm, cluster. I've never seen anything like it and sure there are worse things that could be happening. It's a tough world. It's tough on some incredible people (many on my team and I am so fortunate for that) who give it their all, every day, many weekends and for the most part all over 10 hours/day.
We are all light switches in a disco at this point.
That's when I realized the benefits of Level Loading are just as valuable in the work environment as it is in my personal life.
Level Loading.
The delicate act of being neither too boring nor too crazed. I am far from there. Far far far.
No comments:
Post a Comment