(a few hours early)
As I've gotten older I like to think I've gotten wiser, maybe, maybe not. But I do know that the lessons I learned best in life, the ones I grew from the most, well, they were the ones where I didn't have it all worked out ahead of time.
Horrors of all horrors, I let go of control. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone.
So on this Magpie Monday, I wish for Magpie the courage to set out on uncharted waters... even if others think the waters look just fine where you are, only you get to decide to go your own way...
Even if it's just you who hasn't charted them before...
You may gain bumps, bruises and cuts along the way... You'll swear you've looked a thousand times and there is NOT anything still holding that cabinet in place... there is, trust me... you just have to look hard.
Day 2 you may find those 6 screws you swore weren't there.
Along the way, you'll gain knowledge and confidence...
And just cause you don't know how to get there, doesn't mean you won't...
As you make progress, it may feel like it's a mess and it's worse than when it began, this is expected...
At times you'll have no tools, the wrong tools or the right tools but the wrong parts, and a limited budget to make it right... so get creative...
Sometimes you'll "take a break"... trust me, that's just some creative juice flowing (or was that drool? I digress)
Have the courage to recognize that not everything can be learned online, or should be...
Finally, sometimes risk of succeeding is worth the risk of failing.
And look at the bright spot, if you totally screw it up, you can always blame it on "a contractor" ;-)
Like most things in life, if you can dream it, you can do it. Have courage.
(and all of this? Sure, the cabinets are nice, though they aren't what I would have chosen, I'm not going to toss out good stuff. But the layout won't allow a dishwasher, there's no counter to sit at and there really is no room to roll out cookie dough... all critical elements for later on this year!)
(Plus, now I can ditch the fruit tiles. Fruit is for eating, not for decorating.)
(this is one of the 4 major projects I've 'started but not finished' and no this does not include your room, yet, and yes, the closet organizer is still in the backseat of the car.)


No comments:
Post a Comment