Wednesday, January 05, 2011

2010

2010 was a year that reminded me of a few things:
  • Change is inevitable. Sometimes in ways you hope for, sometimes in ways that knock you flat on your ass and leave you silently stunned.
  • Advice is usually easier to give to others than to take yourself ;-)
  • The truth is always someplace in the middle, no one is ever fully right or fully wrong.
  • Through all the years and all the extreme highs and lows, I did want to be a mom. even though the road was less than easy or less than smooth.
  • Sometimes people may not give you everything you need of them, but they may be giving you everything they can... And sometimes, you're the person who gives what you can but it's not enough. And sometimes people give in ways which are taken for granted... this is a slippery slope best avoided. 
  • Trust once lost is near impossible to rebuild...  unless everyone wants to rebuild it, then, anything is possible. 
  • My Christmas ornament from 2009 was correct, I really just want a job... I'm ok without the career.
  • Breaking your rules is ok, sometimes it's for the best.
  • Just because "that's never happened in the history of the earth since cavemen started walking upright" doesn't mean it can't still happen.
And finally...

You should enjoy the things that should be enjoyed in life even if you aren't sure where it's going to wind up or if you'll get all you dreamed of. You never know when the moments to celebrate will evaporate and you're left with the realization you waited till the time was right to celebrate and looked back only to realize the times were never "perfect" to celebrate/enjoy. Sometimes good enough is good enough.

What's my song for 2011? I quite frankly have no idea. I've heard a few, but not 'the one'.

No comments: