I came back to the blog today, like I do from time to time. But this time I sat and caught up with it, like you would an old friend who you haven't seen in years.
You chat a bit, you laugh, you smile, you cry some. But no matter what, you realize not even time can break the strongest of bonds.
And so old friend, old pal... old blog, it feels just like yesterday when I wrote that last post from Guangzhou, just before we got too sick to leave the room and I finally broke down and ordered a $50 (US$) sandwich from room service so we'd have food.
Nearly 3 years have passed, but as I reminisced it felt pretty good to read the depth with which I breathed in life and exhaled in the form of my writing. I have missed writing something fierce, though to be honest, soaking in the first few years with Alex was more than a fair trade off. But oh how much I loved spending a few hours tonight reading so many months worth of writing and remembering what it felt like through the appeal process (rip out heart, stuff back in chest, repeat, repeat, repeat) and finally through to the day that wondrous call came through. Magpie no more, she had a name, she had a face and we two, well, we finally both had a family of our own.
Is it time again to pick up pen to paper (or fingers to keys)? Perhaps it is.
I often find I have so much more to say, so much more I want to capture that is just not meant for the quick snipits on facebook. Yes, I do believe the time has come.
And she smiles and heads off to bed. Life is good.
1 comment:
Hey there! I'm way behind in blog reading but it is really nice to see that you are writing again. I always loved your posts and can't wait to see what you're going to write in the coming weeks and months.
Post a Comment