Ok, so as you can tell from the title, something just changed in our path... yes, we've decided to adopt from China. wow, what a change. In some ways it's not that much of a change. China was always a strong contender in the program of choice. As we sat there in our Agency interview today and we discussed options, we realized that for the first adoption, this is the right way to go. And I actually feel a sense of peace about it.
China huh? Well, it takes nearly the same time but the child might be younger by a few months and in terms of development, this is so important when you're faced with delays caused by orphanages, also, healthwise, China has a reputation for healthier children. we'll also need to travel shorter time periods and lastly, but NOT most important, the cost as we found out after we switched programs was significantly lower. I think we made a wise choice.
we scheduled our doctor's visits for Friday night (thank goodness for walk in patient centers...), have our fire and health inspections over the next few days and have a TON of more paperwork to complete due to the change in program. We'll also get our Immigration fingerprints this Saturday, thank goodness we don't need to get out of work to do that.
I've also started a new job today... ok, half new, they combined my old manager job with half of another person's manager job, so it's only half new... but last time I checked I didn't get an extra 50% more hours to complete the work in! I'm so thankful for the change though and loook forward to working with the team that's been transfered into my group.
I'm swamped, stay tuned for more later.
1 comment:
Post a Comment