Friday, February 03, 2006

whirlwind of work

Well, the title could easily relate to my crazy crazy world at work or it could relate to what it's been like to go through the adoption process! Things are truly crazy... but normal!

My new job is overwhelming in these early days, but this is par for the course! I've been putting in 12-14 hour days and feel like I could work round the clock for the next few weeks and still not get it all done properly. My husband has been GREAT, cooking dinner when I get home exhausted, or cleaning up or simply just not feeling 'slighted' this helps and I feel so fortunate to have him. I know that the guys who work for me currently (and still do in my team) may feel left out and off to the side so to speak for a while, I feel bad but know that I've got to put the majority of my energy into coming up to speed with the group of people that now work for me. Oh well, things will get back to a less carzy normal soon. It's an exciting and anxiety filled time for sure.

As for the adoption... where are we in the process?

Wishing she was home already and soooo anxious to share all this with our family. We've talked about not letting the cat out of the bag for quite some time, at least until we're DTC (documents to China) as the referral wait is another 8-10 mnths after that... gosh, so incredibly long. Amazing to think that the child who will become ours one day may not even be born.

we're in the process of workign on the next round of paperwork... letter to the Chinese government agency to explain why we want a child... such a person thing to put into black and white and to send to someone you'll never see. Things that we wouldn't even explain to most of our family, it's hard to put this into words... nothing you can write comes close to how you feel. We have a doctor's appointment tonight to get bloodwork and physicals and tomorrow more fingerprinting, the last of the fingerprinting. YEAH!!!! and since tonight is date night for us looks like we'll be spending it with lots and lots of sick people in the waiting room, can't wait, best date night yet.

We also will be pulling together our 'photos' for our dossier. I don't think we'll have any trouble with any except a picture of her room. This one is tough... the crib was never unpacked last year, it's full of 'stuff' and emotionally it's still tough to be in there at times. We'll need to move stuff around to straighten it up and all so that will be the most work.

we are planning to celebrate my new job as Quality and Process Engineering Manager, kind of a strange title, no one seems to recall a time wheree the jobs were combined in this manner and none of the other plants in our division have it this way... I'm sure it will work out well. Anyway, we haven't decided where to go for dinner, but imagine it will be nice no matter what... the problem lately is what to wear... I'm 10 weeks post delivery and still can't fit into my normal clothes, probably that extra 20 lbs I put on PRIOR to getting pregnant actually that's doing it... infertility treatments really take their toll!

No comments: