What was up with all the pop culture music from the 70's and 80's? I loved the opening ceremony commentary picking on the music choice, was quite comical. Was it a tribute to the last winter Olympics in the USA or could it be that these hits really are still part of main stream Europe? Could they really be that popular still? Don't get me wrong, I've been known to hum a few bars of several of those opening songs but I don't think they would have been tops on my list for the opening or closing ceremony... maybe for one of those hips/swanky hospitality suites! Really, now I've seen, ok heard, everything! Other than the music, the ceremonies did have some cool moments as Eric reminded me, like what they did with people, the moving ski jumper made out of hundreds of people and the peace dove made up of tons of people on bungee cords! Oh well, I guess they could have played much worse music... like AC/DC or iron maiden or perhaps a bit of Bob Denver, yeah, that's it, mix all 3 for BeiJing!!!
We all have them, the dreams of life, this is the story of my life dream, of a family.
Monday, February 27, 2006
what's up with the Olympics
Ok, I've watched many an opening and closing ceremony over the years and thought I'd seen a lot of "unique" things that a country does to set them apart from all other host countries before them... but Torrino tops the list in head scratching moments!
What was up with all the pop culture music from the 70's and 80's? I loved the opening ceremony commentary picking on the music choice, was quite comical. Was it a tribute to the last winter Olympics in the USA or could it be that these hits really are still part of main stream Europe? Could they really be that popular still? Don't get me wrong, I've been known to hum a few bars of several of those opening songs but I don't think they would have been tops on my list for the opening or closing ceremony... maybe for one of those hips/swanky hospitality suites! Really, now I've seen, ok heard, everything! Other than the music, the ceremonies did have some cool moments as Eric reminded me, like what they did with people, the moving ski jumper made out of hundreds of people and the peace dove made up of tons of people on bungee cords! Oh well, I guess they could have played much worse music... like AC/DC or iron maiden or perhaps a bit of Bob Denver, yeah, that's it, mix all 3 for BeiJing!!!
What was up with all the pop culture music from the 70's and 80's? I loved the opening ceremony commentary picking on the music choice, was quite comical. Was it a tribute to the last winter Olympics in the USA or could it be that these hits really are still part of main stream Europe? Could they really be that popular still? Don't get me wrong, I've been known to hum a few bars of several of those opening songs but I don't think they would have been tops on my list for the opening or closing ceremony... maybe for one of those hips/swanky hospitality suites! Really, now I've seen, ok heard, everything! Other than the music, the ceremonies did have some cool moments as Eric reminded me, like what they did with people, the moving ski jumper made out of hundreds of people and the peace dove made up of tons of people on bungee cords! Oh well, I guess they could have played much worse music... like AC/DC or iron maiden or perhaps a bit of Bob Denver, yeah, that's it, mix all 3 for BeiJing!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes! I thought the same thing. There's 2,000 years of music out there, a large majority of it composed in Italy and what did they choose for the Parade of Nations? American Disco. Call me crazy but my thought is "I'm your boogie man" doesn't necessarily conjure images of Olympic Spirit. And the interpretive dance number - WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? And did you so see the closing ceremony? I’m still trying to figure out the 700 brides?
If it were me, I would have gone full on Felini. Something so twisted and obscure event he announcers wouldn't have been able to explain it, "Umm Bob, I can see they're doing something... I can't really explain...what the hell?"
It pains me to admit it, but France kicked Italy's Olympic Ceremony Ass.
Post a Comment