Sometimes I think about the recent past and feel guilty for posting about Sophia on a blog that cronicles our story to a child in China.
But then I think some more about it all and realize that the future is just a reflection of the past, you can't have one without the other. As hard as one might try to 'put the past behind' no matter what that past may be, it is deeply imbedded in you like a fingerprint. It molds you, it shapes you, it is who you have been, who you are now and what you may experience in the future. The past can impact your future and so put it aside and try to leave it way way in the past, well, that's not always possible or practical!
So I take solice in the past and remind my self that it's the sum of who I am today, it's a lifetime of learnings, of experiences and a rolled up ball of hope for the future.
With that I think I've got my monthly dose of philosophizing (is that a word?) and reminiscing all out of my system... thank goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment