Thursday, March 23, 2006

Rumor mills SUCK donkey balls

(sorry mom about the title!!!)

Anyway, I've noticed that much of the business of international adoption revolves around this incredible amount of rumors floating through cyberspace.

I mean, what the hell would people have done before Al Gore (this is a nonpartisan joke, no flames) invented the internet? What did all those international adopters do without the rumor mill?

They lived NORMAL LIVES folks, not these crazy crazy rumor addiction filled lives I find myself getting SUCKED into!!!

Seriously though, I have no doubt that once we're DTC and maybe 6 or so months into the wait, I'm going to be hooked morning, noon and night on checking into the rujmor mill. I'm already wondering what the rumor mill will be like without the best rumor monger out there. Who's gonna pick up the ball and run for this person once they get their daughter in China. Shit, what's the back up plan gonna be?

With a full time job that leaves me no time during the day for dredging up rumors and working on a cool web page, there's no chance I can fill it?

Crap, how the heck will I be able to check in every few hours and find out that the wait for a child, once DTC until the time you get your referral has gone from 8 months, to 10 months to 12 months in the course of 1 24 hour period?

Wait, what's that you say? YOu mean I might have to just grin and bear it and hang on for the duration of the ride? you're kidding me right? I don't have an ounce of control over the process?

Guess that's why I feel so out of control in this process.

I'm gonna go check out the rumor mill while it's going strong, I hear there are some great sources out there... Spain's rumor mill... US rumor mill... various US agency rumor mills... Given this is such an organized process with China running the show and all, wouldn't it be just great if they could, perhaps, induldge us with a bit of data... like oh, how many dossiers they have each week logged in and not yet processed and what the current processing wait is?

Oh well, off to the rumor mills for me! Can't wait till I'm completely absorbed, addicted and crazed by the whole process. and to think, this lasts nearly 2 times as long a 1 pregnancy, wow aren't we lucky!!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie V said...

Welcome to our world. It sucks and you can't escape. No one will hear your screams.