I hate to say it, but I am reaching the point of turning off anonymous posting...
wondering why?
Well, either someone with the ability to type 6 comments between 1:17 and 1:18 and another 6 between 1:33 and 1:34 put a bunch of strange comments up, or I'm getting comment spam.
Yes, spam on the comments, maybe.
But it still seems odd, who leaves 12 messages during a 2 minute span? I highly doubt it was a coincidence between 12 different people given that I don't get that much 'comment traffic' so I'm not buying the coincidence theory... plus, I really think it was spam based on the strange comments in some cases, like, who says "hey, cool color scheme" as a comment to my Mother's Day post about losing our duaghter? Either a spammer, or a very strange/sick person, or "where did you get the guest book"... I don't have a guest book.
I'm gonna try it with word verification for now, if that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to go to comments from registered users only. Since 99% of my comments come from the online Adoption community, most of whom are registered in one fashion or another anyway, this doesn't seem like a bad last resort anyway.
Now if family and friends want to leave comments and can't, I think I'll get more creative about it but so far I don't have any feedback from any of them (on the blogger comments section, some have written to our email though, so that's cool, it's always nice to get feedback!).
But, let's still see how the word verification goes for now.
1 comment:
How Strange! I hope the word verification works for you.
Stacy
Post a Comment