In honor of our daughter Sophia Madeleine who was born 6 months ago today, less than 48 hours after we lost her.
So many months I carried you and I couldn't wait to see
What a wonderful little person
you would turn out to be.
I had my dreams of how it would be
just to watch you grow.
But now those dreams are faded
Because I shall never know.
Now the rocking chair sits silent,
and the lullabies won't be voiced.
But in heaven there's a celebration
as all of the angels rejoice.
My tears, they won't be quiet,
They flow like a river roars,
And I know my life is forever changed.
To be the same no more.
I must be a special mother because I've been set apart.
Some mothers carry their children in their arms,
But I carry you in my heart.
Poem by Beverly Tinney
2 comments:
I like that poem - especially the last parts, ". . . Some mothers carry their children in their arms, But I carry you in my heart." We can always carry them in our hearts; that cannot be taken away.
Awhile back I read a poem written by a father for their baby who died:
The poem was written
Sept. 16,1987 by, Bob Neudorf, a dad who had lost his baby.
(TO MY BABY)
Is it proper to cry
For a baby too small
For a coffin?
Yes, I think it is.
Will Jesus hold
My too small baby
In his tender arms?
Yes, I think He will.
There is so much I do not
know
About you my child.
Will I recognize
Someone I knew so little
about,
Yet I loved so much?
Yes I think I will.
Ah,sweet small child
Can I say
That loving you is like loving
God?
Loving--yet not seeing
Holding--yet not touching,
Caressing-yet seperated by the chasm of
time.
No tombstone marks your sojourn,
And only God recorded your name.
The banquet was not canceled,
Just moved, Just moved.
Yet a tear remains
Where baby should have been.
very touching...my cousin just lost their lil' boy 3 hrs after he was born just last week. Its so tragic to hear about any child.
Post a Comment