Friday, May 19, 2006

LID -break out the Champagne

WE ARE THRILLED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE RECEIVED THIS NEWS FROM OUR AGENCY ON FRIDAY:

Dear _______:

Your dossier was registered at the CCAA May 8, 2006. (It took much less time than it could have so this is good news)!

Now the long wait begins. . . I will be in touch periodically when there is any news to share. Please do not hesitate to check in with me periodically as you feel the need: to follow up on a rumor you have heard, to ask any questions you may have thought of, or just to check in. I am happy to support you all I can during the waiting period.

Very sincerely,

_______


For some of our family and friends out there, this is HUGE news. We are now officially in line. It's sort of like getting pregnant physically, you're not pregnant until you conceive... well, this is our conception date.

Unfortunately, based on my past post HERE (click the link!), we have the gestation period, as of current predictions, of an ass. Though for many international adoptive parents, we like to think it's more like the gestation period of an elephant. Check out the chart!!!

As of the waiting time today, the wait is expected to be 11-12 months to get a referral. The hurry up and wait portion of our journey is over, now, we just wait an enjoy life and prepare for our wonderful child to arrive into our world.

Maybe it was the wait for the champagne that made it taste so great, or maybe it was just a great recommendation from friends at work, either way, Eric and I had a hard time not downing the second bottle last night too!

3 comments:

atomic mama said...

That's great news - congratulations! I hope to be able to say the same a month from now... Good luck to you!

Polar Bear said...

Congratulations! It is a great feeling to finally have that date isn't it?

YEAH!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Congrats on your LID! I know how very exciting this is. I know that Cara is very helpful. I am now looking for the brown envelope. Let us know when you get yours. I am glad that you and Eric celebrated. Every thing counts! ~Kindel