Sunday, May 14, 2006

Touched and Lucky

(I originally wrote this post more than 2 weeks ago but forgot to click the 'publish post' button, I noticed it today as I was writing the Mother's Day post)


No, I'm not touched in the head... ok, just a little, but really, I'm touched in the heart, by the support and love of many people in our lives as we've let them all in, little by little, on our secret.

I have to admit, that E and I are truly 'blessed' to have a wonderful network of people in our lives. As we've reached out to people and told them of our plans we've received response from lukewarm to overwhelmed, literally, with joy.

This post is for our daughter, it's unlikely we'll remember the words of our friends and family by the time she comes home as we'll be overwhelmed them for sure! And so, for a few moments I want to thank those who've supported us to extremes the last few years so I'll drop some quotes of theirs to be forever remembered in 'print':

You and E are meant to be parents. It has been obvious for so long how strong your love would be for your child.

Oh, that is so exciting, we CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER!!!!

She will be surrounded by the love the two of you share.

I'm so happy for you.

We can't wait to meet the newest...cousin... niece, a year is too long to wait!

Trust me, you'll look back and realize this was always the way it was meant to be.

That is so awesome! I'm so excited for you! It must be a very long process, but so worth it! I wish you all the best in the world. I know you will be wonderful parents...

This is so exciting! Please tell all!

WOW, that's cool! (this from my brother C, he's a clown and too cool himself)


Thoughts expressed above will carry us through the long long months of waiting ahead and will give us strength when we find people don't quite know how to express joy for us. We've had friends and family members actually take the time to READ THE WHOLE BLOG, holy cow batman, there's like 80-100 posts in here. I'm overwhelmed with happiness that we are lucky enough to have people like that in our lives who are willing to commit time and effort as an investment into our lives.

My heart overflows with gratitude at times like this and I realize that it far outweighs the skeptics, naysayers and those just generally indifferent about it all. We know how happy people were when we got pregnant, every time, and it finally feels like that all over again so we're able to let go of those 'not so overwhelmed' as they were with our pregnancy!

Thank you, if you saw your quote, know how much we appreciate your love. If you didn't see your quote, know the sentiment is greatly appreciated regardless.

(By the way, the beautiful characters at the top of the page mean "Thank You")

No comments: