We get this question a lot and I know it’s really hard to understand that being paper pregnant really is just a long drawn out process of waiting in line. There are no Ultrasounds, no sound bytes of heartbeats, no health updates to send out. It’s a rather daunting time for all intimately involved and waiting by our side.
So what is new otherwise?
Well, new for today on the blog section called Friday Facts, a really cool write up, if I do say so myself, regarding the Chinese Zodiac and it’s symbolism. This is more than a story about Leo vs. Capricorn, it’s more intriguing. If you read it, keep an open mind and use the links involved in that post you’ll surely learn at least a little about yourself, and for our family and friends, you’ll learn more about Eric and I.
Follow the link below or you may always click on “Friday Facts” to the left for the latest posting.
LINK to Friday Facts
The great Zeus in the Adoption World, CCAA has updated it site. Note the picture to the right. So what does this mean for us and for those of you waiting on Magpie? It means a few things…
No sign at all that the slow down is going to reverse. They only matched Dossiers received up until June 28th of 2005. yeah, 2005. So Chinese Adoptions are officially at 1 year of waiting. Though fluctuations are expected, the CCAA has said repeatedly to many groups they’ve visited in the world over the last few months that the wait is unlikely EVER to go back down to the 6-8 month timeframe of the recent (and not so recent) past.1. The review room has been updated and they have finished the incredibly important review of people (Dossiers) covering up till November 1st.
2. We are 6 months at the current time frame and processing rates from reaching the review room. Another 4-6 months after that we hope to be matched with Magpie.
We have a long road ahead of us, your support, patience and intimate involvement in this process can really make a difference for E and I. By the time Magpie arrives, we’ll have passed 5 years of waiting for our child to come into our lives, 5 long, and tough years since we first started trying to have a child. Can you imagine, really, can you imagine? I know we never thought it would be like this, but life moves on and we get by the best we can, …, for us.
I look around us and think of all the life events and all the things we’ve missed out on, I hope that one day we no longer feel that pain of isolation and loneliness that comes from wanting children and not being able to make it happen. The consolation that we’ve heard ‘hey enjoy the time while it’s just the 2 of you’, is really not a consolation, it’s a recognition of all we’re really wanting and missing.
Let this waiting time pass fast for us and all others in our shoes.
Sorry, but this post evolved from ‘hey, cool Friday Facts’, to a sad recognition of where we are in the process. Today I guess is just one of those days, I know E and I are entitled to them. We’ll love and appreciate Magpie even more for what we’ve been on in our journey to bring her home.
1 comment:
Karen,
I've been watching your blog religiously and can't wait for you to get your referral.
Thanks for your laughter, your smiles, your honesty and most of all, thanks for coming back online after the 'incident' with your blog a few weeks ago.
I too look forward to the day when our lives is about tomorrow rather than just yesterday or even today.
Lisa
Post a Comment