Thursday, June 22, 2006

Family Day at Confucius Says...

Just 2 quick items today...

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! to my brother M. We won't share his age as then mine is all too real too!

Congratulations on your new job too M, you'll do great.

Second, we received another FAMILY quilt square. I have been very touched by the family and friend squares we've received so far. Each one, whether old and sentimental or new and sentimental has touched us. Today's square is from My Aunt, Cousin and Uncle.

L is a quilter, trust me, she's great... she was even horrified at the thought that I would be using a sewing machine to sew the squares together! Though I may end up doing handstitching on the facing once it's together, I'm not cut out for an entire quilt made by hand... even the Amish in Pennsylvania aren't all doing it by hand themselves (I digress... but seriously, they use labor in other countries to make it for them now... I read a byline in the Sunday paper, it must be true, right?!).

So this square is from the 3 of them and L made a quilt square (3 in fact) out of tiny pieces of fabric. She even captured the sun, moon, star theme of the nursery.

Thanks Guys!

The square coming in the theme is ironic, I was talking with my brother M last night about it... he was wondering because he's read our whole blog (YEAHHHHHH M, bonus points, a little something extra from Santa this year) and saw that everything so far from online and family/friends is mainly bugs, butterflies, asian, flowers and maybe 2 other 'celestial' squares! We've given up on the star theme quilt, as such, what few we have now mean even more.

No comments: