Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Now for something a little lighter

My friend Renee sent this to me, I selected the ones that applied to my childhood, but there were tons more! And now, for your reading pleasure...

You know you grew up in the 80's if:

1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE."
2. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
3. You wore stone washed Jordache jeans and were proud of it.
4. You remember reading "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and all the Ramona Quimby books.
5. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF."
6. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (Some of us...head-to-toe).
7. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
8. You still get the urge to say " NOT" after every sentence.
9. After you saw "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?”
10. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up."
11. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
12. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
13. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
14. You wore, like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
15. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do).
16. You remember boom boxes.
17. You remember Alf, the li'l furry brown alien from Melmac.
18. You know the meaning of Nanu Nanu and who Mork was.
19. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool.
20. You know all the words to Bon Jovi's "SHOT THROUGH THE HEART."
21. (You just sang those words to yourself.)
22. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird. Oh yeah............it will never be that good again
23. Homemade Levi shorts... (The shorter the better.)
24. You remember when mullets were cool!
25. You had a mullet!
26. You remember "Where's the Beef?
27. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
28. You thought Joe was really cool on the Facts of Life.
29. You're still singing "Shot through the Heart" in your head, aren't you!!!

I wonder what it will look like for Magpie's generation... ?

4 comments:

Mariah said...

That list is a riot I can totally relate and yes I still have Bon Jovi in my head!!;)
Love your blog!

Polar Bear said...

That is funny! I remember all of those. I'm going to have that song in my head all morning! :)

Jenn said...

Lisa-
You did it again! Nail on the head! EVERY ONE of these. I will be singing "Shot through the heart" all day. It actually played on the radio while I was walking a few weeks ago. Wow, time flashed back! Slip and Slide hip bruises were no joke, either. Every year...Once a week...and still we ran and slid, ran and slid!

Hope Eric is doing better!
jenn

Anonymous said...

That was great!!
I busted up because I was in fact singing that song to myself! And still am ;) Too funny.