No, he's not striking against housework, laundry, mowing the lawn, dusting, or anything useful like that.
What did he pick to strike against and why? Well, he's decided that he just not getting a hair cut until Magpie comes home... as if this will sway the CCAA to send us Magpie sooner... I know stranger things in life have happened than that, but really, striking against hair cuts?If this were me, this would be ok, I get a hair cut about 2 times per year and get 4-6 inches chopped off... can you imagine E without a hair cut for that long. I've included a picture of what he might look like by that time.
Yup, that's my guy, he's picking haircutting as a form of boycott... thank goodness he's not incharge of determining economic boycott's for other nations! Oh, well, I guess we all cope in our own ways with the wait, some much different than others. Here's to you honey and all your quirky, lovable humor!
(Now, if I can get him to hold still while sleeping I can take care of the strike!)
4 comments:
That's good! At least he chose that and not something like - no showers until the baby comes home. :)
Lisa and Eric,
Your April secret pal here. Surprise! I had to figure out if you could figure out who I am if I posted here. I'm told that you can't, so expect to see a few replies from me from time to time. Hee, Hee, Hee!
No hair cut until referral for Eric? Wow! DH would look like a real sheepdog if he did that. I don't think his work would appreciate it too much. You are too funny! We really enjoy keeping up with what is going on in your lives. Thanks for providing us a glimpse into your world. We can't wait until we can meet in person. We are on the east coast, within about 5 hours from you, so a weekend trip in the future in your direction is not out of the question. Besides meeting our own DD, we are really interested in meeting Magpie.
We are so happy that you are enjoying our little gifts. Shopping for you has helped keep my spirits up. I love secrets and I have a lot more fun coming your way in the coming months.
I'm hoping and praying that Eric is doing better. The weight loss in the camping pics worried my quite a bit. It really reminded my of when I was sick with the very bad gallbladder. Did the docs check that? Just a thought.
Well, I've really got to get some work done. Just thought I'd send this little message to let you know that "I am watching". LOL. Take care of yourselves and try to stay dry. It isn't easy here, nothing but rain for the last month. BYE for now!
DEar SEcret Pal, too funny, I too recently figured out that I can in fact leave an anonymous post on our Secret Pal's website! Birds of a Feather eh?!
I am overwhelmed with the outpouring of support that we receive from people we've unfortunately not had the luck to meet yet. I can only say that we wish family would be half as involved as those in the online community. It can't possibly be that it's just us bloggers who have 'free time'! LOL, as if we all have tons of time available for whatever! Yeah, we only wish!
5 hours away huh? I KNOW you aren't 5 hour East of us as that would put you off the coast of Bermuda! Then again, maybe you live on a boat?!!!
They did check Eric's Galbladder with a sonogram and bloodwork, no issues. One more box checked off.
You're not kidding about the rain, I am guessing you're on the east coast and boy haven't we all been hammered this spring and early summer. (As I sit here watching it pour tonight outside our sliders)
HOnestly, there are a few people I've 'met' online and had the real pleasure of getting you know. I do hope we can all meet up one day. I hope the same for my friend Sarah at Coming Around Again and also the person who is our Secret Pal.
Take care secret Pal. Hope I can keep you entertained in the months to come. Certainly my 'attempt' to make a quilt should be entertaining for all.
Lisa and Eric,
Which direction would you have to drive to find us? Or maybe swim? Who knows? I'll have to keep you 2 guessing. This is the fun part of this whole entire wait.
I have a few little fun things up my sleeve for you guys in the coming months. I'm sure you will think that I am nuts by the time this is over, but I love to have fun with gifts. DH and I do a secret joke gift each Christmas for someone in our family and we have such a good time thinking it up. I like being a secret, for now.
We are definitely going to come your way before this is over. We love weekend trips to places that we've never been and are looking forward to one day seeing your view of the Chesapeake area. I've never had blue crab, but I'm game.
I haven't figured out about my quilt making yet either, but I'm glad to see that you got my square and wish. Wouldn't you like to know which one it is? Ha! Ha!
I'll enjoy this little chatting. I sort of wish I could reveal myself so I you can learn more about us, but I will try to mention things that won't give away the surprise.
Take care yourselves and have a good night. Your April Secret Pal
Post a Comment