Sunday, June 04, 2006

Special quilt squares

Sarah's quilt sqaure and wish arrived in the mail last week.

I can honestly say, that in this journey thus far I've created the strongest bond with Sarah out of everyone I've met.

She has enabled me to share things about what E and I have been through with infertility, with the death of our daughter Sophia and the many miscarriages we suffered, she knows our pain as she and her husband have lived it also.

She allowed me to share freely with her and I felt completely understood. I am forever grateful for the openess and ability to confide in her.

We have a few other friends and family members who've allowed us to share in this fashion and be raw and open about life as it has been for us at times. We can never repay those gifts, but know that the quilt squares from those individuals will be cherished in a very special way.

So Sarah, thank you, for your friendship, your openess, your laughter and your tears. I love the quilt square and the wish. Can't wait to meet you one day when our daughters are safe at home.

This square, along with the wonderful one I received from my Mom a few weeks back are the ones I cherish the most on this journey. Mom's is incredibly special because it's actually from fabric that Nana, her mom, bought for her to make something with.

She gave us a quilt square and offered to make something too out of the fabric. I asked for a teddy bear to be made, that way, she have it forever and won't outgrow it like she would if it were clothing. Can't wait to see the teddy bear Mom.

No comments: