All Bedrooms, closets, cleaned and organized (as much as we're gonna do at least)
LR, FR, Kitchen, DR, Office and my scrapping room, ditto the bedroom comments!
came up with 15 trash bags of clothes to donate (no, I am not kidding)
landscaping, mulched and weeded, as good as it's gonna get
names/numbers of contractors -minor repairs, 1 major painting project
realestate agent (1 of 2 required) coming by tomorrow for an estimate on the house
preapproved for a new mortgage
***tentative 'deal' for E to transfer with his company
So were making progress, but have had some set backs. Temproary living arrangements not going so well. The locale of the plant makes finding temp housing tough, we may be in a hotel room for a while (weeks) with both dogs. The dogs are the major issue with temp living unfortunately. So far we have no leads, I'm worried.
With E's job, the "***" is because of the required compromise his company is insisting on. They are dictating that if Eric transfers he MUST live within 15 miles of a certain location... this is not at all convenient to my job, the chosen state we wanted to settle in (we can pick from several states as new england is so compressed) AND I'm less comfortable with the school system... so this morning we had settled on a portion of one state to look at, now we have to look at another area also and make some hasty decision. Without E's income things would be very different and I know E loves this job. He's feeling stressed out about it, as am I.
We''ll figure it out. Likely we'll take the transfer for him with all the compromise it requires but it really burns me inside... he's a field service person who travels daily, currently in a 2 hour radius of our house normally... a little more flexibility than "15 minutes" seems possible but they are not budging... kind of annoyed by this.Oh well. Tomorrow, estimates on some repairs (fingers corssed the job isn't too 'small' for the contractor to bother with), call painting contractor, real estate assessment, find realtors in new location (now we have to get 2 in order to check both locales), make house hunting trip reservations, start donating the mounds of clothes we're getting rid of, consultation with adoption agency to tell us what we'll have to do (I've heard anything from 'update the homestudy', to an overhaul, to a setback)... there's more, but I'm fried at this point.
Sort of like when we planned the big family wedding... wish I had a move coordinator to do it all.
1 comment:
Whatever happens through this moving event, remember that what matters most is that Eric and you are together (alive and happy/hopeful), everything else is secondary. Just hold on tight through the big spin; I think you're going to make an incredible landing.
Post a Comment