Friday, July 21, 2006

update on the move

So, where are we with the move... preparing for temporary digs... yup, just call 1-800-temp-digs. We will be in a hotel for (worst case we hope) 9 weeks. We have 2 dogs, what more can I say. We either board them for 9 weeks (most we'd do is 2 weeks) or we stay in a hotel.

On the bright side though, we listed our home on a Wednesday night, first offer on Thursday, second Friday, 3rd Sunday... we picked one on Monday and signed the contract. On the buying end, after our househunting trip last weekend, we viewed about 20 or so homes, the first one we viewed was the one we selected but it won't be finished till the end of September.

So we went through a ton of paperwork, faxes, breath holding and fingers crossed, so far so good. But I'll feel better after both closings.

we are both excited to move and a bit 'tentative'. New home, new part of the country, new friends, it's challenging for 2 closet dwelling kids who'd rather sit in the corner at a party than get out and swing from the rafters!!! I start my new job on the 31st and E starts the same job but in the new regions that day too, yup, he got a transfer, how cool is that.

Well, it's >2 months down of waiting for Magpie, we'lll spend the next 2 in temporary digs and then another month getting unpacked. The holidays will be here and then January. By that time we'll have been waiting 8 months and I think that's when we'll really feel the wait, during the end of winter. The spring will be busy with landscaping on our own and I swear, if the wait really does extend to 18 months like the Chinese delegation told the Australian government last week, I think it's at that time that I'll check myself into a lovely padded suite... anyone want to join me?

I'm taking bids, the best offer to be my new 'cellmate' wins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be joining you in that padded cell if the wait extends to 18 mos. That's great news about Eric's job tranfer. Things may be a little busy now, but just think about how good it will be in the end.

Polar Bear said...

Congratulations on the new house and Eric's job transfer! I bet that will be a relief when all is signed on the dotted line!

I may have to compete for the extra bunk in the padded cell. I really hope it is only a rumor, but just in case I will put together my offer and get back to you. :)

wzgirl said...

Wow, your house sold so fast!! And, your husband getting the transfer??? Awesome. Looks like things are moving in a very positive direction - hopefully you won't need that padded suite after all!! (wink)

Anonymous said...

Ok, can I get the spot in the padded cell because I'm your secret pal? I hope I get extra points in the contest for the winner. I'm glad to hear both houses will work out and that Eric got the transfer. I'm just praying that the 18 month rumor is false. Even before you mentioned it, the padded cell was calling my name. My thoughts are with both of you constantly and I'll keep in touch through Jenn. Keep your chins up and enjoy your last days in the Chesapeake area. Your April Secret Pal!