Tuesday, August 15, 2006

All quiet on the Eastern Front

It's been quiet over here at Confucius Says. E and I are just worn down like you wouldn't believe with the move, new jobs, both of us being sick, overseeing the movers, driving north, driving south 4 of the last 6 weekends and various other assorted 'life crap'.

But, it's time to throw aside all that 'stuff/crap' that we allowed to drag us down with it and get back to living. No more 7, 8 9 11 hour drives each way every weekend since late June, we're settling into life in a shoebox ok, the new jobs, they'll get easier in time. We just deserve to enjoy life, our evenings, our dreams, we're slowly getting back to that thank goodness and putting aside everything that just brings us down.

I've gotten tons of postcards, letters, etc to our new address. Even some brithday stuff has arrived, it's really nice. I'll post some presents later on this week from Karen, she's really really thoughtful with special days and special gifts. We also received the cutest card addressed to Aunt L, LOVE IT (from our niece N)! We've gotten some more quilt squares too from family and friends so that's nice. I've just let the funk of 'life' keep me from enjoying the highlights these last 2 weeks ... NO MORE OF THAT!!!!

I'll post more on quilt squares from people and postcards and what not later on. The only bummer is we only pick up mail about 1/week and that was today so anything else in the mail we won't see till the weekend maybe? also, our mail forwarding from our old address has been caught somewhere in mail cyberspace for WEEKS... aka the floor of our former post office maybe? Either way I've heard that some things were sent there and have yet to see them, hoping the post office didn't totally screw it up.

So, Happy Birthday to your Mom Magpie. No matter what day it is, no matter what highs and lows come and catch up with Daddy and I, you are at the forefront of our minds and thoughts. Nothing else even comes close and we constantly remind our self that in life, some things are really more important than others. Our Family Day can't come fast enough.

No comments: