I can't sleep with alternating chills and sweats so why not blog right? I haven't been this ill in a long time. Combine a summer flu now 2 weeks old, with a funky reaction to dinner out with friends tonight and I'm one very 'off' camper. (J and C, so sad we've only just begun our friendship with you and now we're leaving, E was pretty bummed he really enjoyed it. If you're ever in our neck of the woods, please call our house your home)
So today's Friday Facts is on the Moon Festival in China. AKA the Mid-Autumn Festival.
Combine Thanksgiving harvest celebration, with the Lady in the Moon, with mooncakes and family gatherings. Add in the normal and VERY diverse legends that surround any holiday too. They say it's about romance and friendships and all things nostalgic... what's so bad about that? The world could sure use more of that.In the US, June is a popular wedding month but in China, this festival marks one of the most popular wedding months and dates all year. Take a look, hit the link "Friday Facts", I promise, it won't kill you.
I've got links to books and other pages about the festival, so hop on over.
1 comment:
I hope you are feeling better! I hate summer colds.
I am thinking of having a Moon Festival Dinner Party. We have some friends in the area that are now LID and I think it would be fun. Too bad you are so far away, you could come too.
I think this is a neat festival. I love legends.
Post a Comment