If you are one of the family and friends who've sent a square, we cherish it and can't wait to include it in the quilt.
For those who still want to send one, there is time but only a few more weeks at most. I really need to get started on it! I have sent our new home address out in the hopes the remaining folks will send us something soon.
The first square comes from my step mother L. The best things to come from my Dad's marriages are my 2 half-brothers whom I love as like full brother M (back to that life lesson on blood vs other types of bonds) and my step mothers, J and L. Thank you so much L for your heartfelt note, the beautiful wish and the fabric that, yes, does remind me of you. I love that you included your photo, how creative! wish we'd asked everyone for that, it's a perfect touch.This square comes from a recruiter I've been friends with for years. It's amazing how with a bit of 'electronic' communication (phone, email, etc), you can become very close to someone else. Tina was there for E and I when we lost our first child and she was even more supportive when Sophia died. She was there for us when we first started talking about adoption, she has even sent out feelers for us on the domestic adoption front, though we're still too terrified of that to ursue any of the babies she's called us about. Wish we had more courage.
We hope though that she pursues her dream of adoption no matter what else life does or doesn't throw her way. She was never just my job recruiter, she will always be my friend. I was sad when she left the business for another job as it meant the end to a professional friendship, but I realize, that with Tina and I, we will always be in touch. This square is from one of Tina's marathon shirts, her wish and thought is about going after a goal, even the tough ones. I love that it's something that personal.Thank you both to Tina and L, Magpie is so fortunate you've helped us with our quilt.
Come on Family/Friends, you can do it!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment