This first square is from E's parents. It's obvious they put a great deal of thought/time into the square and wish. When his mom mentioned that she knew what she was going to get and it was 'on order' right after we asked for squares I couldn't figure out what fabric she get. My only thought was something to do with the beautiful lace and fabric we saw on a family trip through the canals of Belgium. One thing we loved about Belgium was the fabric E and I saw, we even purchased some things made of it.It's great they went after a Scottish plaid. The wish is a compilation of all things "Magpie", her Scottish heritage, her American heritage and her Chinese heritage, the only thing left is her German heritage from my mom's side. It's the most unique one we've received and very thoughtful to include all things Magpie, after all, she will always be both Chinese and American.
This next square is from my oldest brother Mike. As soon as I opened the package I could picture Mike as a teenager back when tie dye was hip, yes, this did go out of style :) Mike and Tie dye go right in hand, this was a perfect selection for a square that represents him.The wish he sent had meaning no one knew. He used a card with a quote on it combined with the words to a song. The quote on the card I'll reprint below, but it's on a plaque I wanted to get both for eric and I to display in our home in honor of Sophia. That quote represents a lot, the past, the future, the nursery theme including the stars. That nursery theme intertwines so many facets of life, 'reach for the stars', 'dance in the moonlight', 'let the sun shine', and so on. Life is a never ending circle of touching moments and Mike you really touched us with your wish and fabric.
Perhaps they are not the stars,
but rather openings in Heaven
where love of our lost ones pours through
and shines down upon us
to let us know they are happy.
inspired by an Eskimo legend.
1 comment:
Both of these squares show just how thoughtful and wonderfully supportive your family is. I, for one, think seeing others' squares is both refreshing and interesting, so please keep showing them. Thanks for shring!
Post a Comment