So, when we first got the Weimeraner a few years ago we went through the naming game... what to name a cute as a button 8 week old, VERY smart, inquisitive and funny Weimeraner...Well, go figure, we wanted a fun name but I also wanted one with a double meaning. So we kicked around many names while I was also playing with 'words' that had meaning to Weim's, mostly playing off the word "grey" and things like it. I came upon Zane Grey... some of you should know who that is. E liked it for "Zaney", I liked it for that and Zane Grey. A few select people have actually guessed the double meaning immediately hearing the name "Zane" only. It's cool.
So, what's the point here? Well, we are in the midst of dealing (it's not so much 'fun', as 'dealing') with the joys of a new home construction. Last weekend we visited the house again (new pics -family/friends, just email if you want them), got the last of the lights and selected our granite slabs for the kitchen. We settled on a color called Deer Brown, mainly 'light black', some grey and some browns in it. It will go great with appliances, the cabinets and the wallcolor selected already.As luck would have it, it also goes GREAT with a Weimeraner. Check out the photos of Zane's paws next to the sample they let us have. I think the slab color should have been called Zane Grey.This only affirms Zane's attitude that it is all about HER.
2 comments:
Hey Lisa!
If you get this, your suggestion worked! I will have escaped from beta to comment.
As I said previously, I think Zane Grey is such a great name (creative; but cute as I did immediately think of the author) for your dog. You have beautiful dogs, btw; but I'm sure you know this already!
Sarah
Hmmmm, what a familiar looking paw!! I think anything goes well with "Zane Grey"...love the countertop color - great choice!
Post a Comment