One square tonight is from our friends A and D and their kids. They have 3 children they've adopted from China. Knowing them and knowing a bit about their story gave me the comfort that adopting from China was a wonderful way to bring children into our lives. I used to work at the same company as Al (until 30 days ago when I left!!!) though we never worked at the same location. Both E and I have since then been able to meet his wonderful family and get to know them on a personal level, something we cherish having been given the opportunity to do.A and D are incredible people, strong, funny, comforting, intelligent, warm, just great people to call your friends. Their children are such incredible kids, all 3 of them, each in their own way. E still talks about the impact of meeting them and looking forward to the day we have them up to our house when Magpie is finally home. Thanks so much for being apart of Magpie's quilt, we love that you printed out the picture of the great wall, your wish is perfect.
This square is from my brother and his wife who we had the pleasure of living close to when all 4 of us lived in Maryland. They too left the state within a month of us, funny how life works out. Both Brandi and Phil have been supportive and empathetic with all that life has brought to E and I. They were the first people to come to our house after Sophia died and were so sensitive to our needs that day. We really needed them and hope that if they need us they let us know. Their kindness will never go unnoticed.Like another brother of mine and his wife, Phil and Brandi did not have the easiest of times in trying to have a child and bring it into this world. I know they understand some of the depth of what life brought our way and that connection will be there forever. They sent us a square with Pooh on it, but also, Brandi took the time to make a scrapbook page. WAY WAY above and beyond the call of 'duty', knowing that Brandi isn't big into crafty things this means a great deal. THanks so much for the wish and fabric.
This square is special in it's own way. It's from someone I've not met, someone that I didn't get to know in a DTC Yahoo group, but rather, it's from someone who posted in the comments and wanted to trade squares. That's the thing about the adoption community, a group of people who's lives would likely never cross otherwise and yet intertwined and outgoing in a way that life isn't normally. I love that about adopting, I love the ability to share so easily with 'virtual' (no pun intended) strangers.thank you to Tim and Nicole in NY for their thoughtfulness and REALLY cool fabric square.
No comments:
Post a Comment