Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thanks Secret Pal


Today E picked up the mail at the post office and in it was a few more birthday cards and a gift from our April DTC Secret Pal for Magpie and I to share one day.

Mom called yesterday to wish me happy birthday and we received her card today, very sweet sentiment written inside, thanks Mom, we're looking forward to those things too!

My sister in law Kat also sent a card and her's the other one in the pic. Miss you guys both and I love that you thought of me while your daughter is also turning one this week. Wish we were celebrating with you...

My April Secret Pal was too sweet. We have to laugh about the gift she sent, when we opened the box, it was like I was touching a hot poker!!!!! Yes, I had barbies as a child, but also had my brothers hand me down toys and microscopes, etc. E and I swear up and down that our daughter will be a Tom Boy... but you know how fate works... I can see pink, and lace, and frills and barbies, oh, lots of barbies. So when we opened the present, first it was like "oh no, can't turn back the tide", then I noticed the actual barbie itself... It's a cowboy barbie, she's not dressed in some outlandish mini bikini, nope, cowboy pants, shirt, etc and we can get her a horse so she can follow in mommy's footsteps one day since I used to be a rider many many moons ago.

Thank you Secret Pal, we love it... now that we've picked our Tom Boy selves off the ground... however, if it multiples like bunny rabbits and grows a bikini tonight you're in trouble!!! LOL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa and Eric,

I just couldn't let your birthday pass by without sending you something fun to make you giggle. I had to wait to send it until I got your new address from the pal coordinator. I knew (from this blog) about your horsey history so I thought the gift was very appropriate. I also heard that you loved Barbies. I also spent a lot of time growing up riding, although I did western. I miss it some times and hope to be able to get back to it a little sometime in the future. I was also a bit of a tomboy but enjoyed my Barbies too so there is no reason Magpie can't be both.

I'm sure you expected that the box was your secret pal gifts, but I wanted to get the birthday box to you first before I sent the other. I would imagine that you didn't expect it. I'm glad you like it. Now...what to do for Eric's birthday in the spring? That one will take some real thinking.

Try to have a great weekend.
Your April Secret Pal

dreamer said...

hmmm, a gift for spring for eric?

Well, that's simple,



MAGPIE!!!!


come on, hook us up, we can't wait to have her home in our arms.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to because we'd also be able to have our baby home, FINALLY! I wish I had an inside line to CCAA. The pain of this very long wait is torture, but it helps me to have the work of finding fun gifts for you both that is helping keep my spirits up. Keep smiling. Your April Secret Pal